Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2023-2024 for Egyptians to Study in USA (Fully Funded)
Deadline: October 13, 2022
Applications for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Fellowship 2023-2024 are now open. The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Fellowship Program is a fully-funded, full-time program for students pursuing a Master of Development Practice (MDP) degree from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota, USA. United.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree that provides graduate students with the skills and knowledge to better identify and address global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change and human rights.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Open to an Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to holders of dual nationality).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a reputable educational institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Meet the entry requirements for the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate an excellent professional and academic background.
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- Although no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts background and strong quantitative and analytical skills will be better prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous courses in mathematics, statistics and economics are recommended.
- Fluency in English is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date must be within two years of the start of the graduate program. Minimum scores required: 100 (TOEFL Internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section)
- Completion of a 50-credit university master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt after graduation for at least two consecutive years
The following documents are required:
- Completed application form including personal statement
- Copy of valid passport identity page
- updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable)
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary slip or bank statement in case of unemployment.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship.