Network Engineer – Lookout Local Santa Cruz
LOCATION: Capitol, California
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time; Technical
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining and improving network systems, storage, firewalls, servers, online systems, telecommunications systems, remote access and services, network hardware, operating systems and other Credit Union peripheral components and equipment. As a member of the Network Services team, this position provides support to ensure a high level of service to staff; maintains operating systems, host system security, and internal and external network security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following; other tasks may be assigned:
- Manages, maintains, troubleshoots and secures major networking, storage, backup, archiving and server technologies, including disaster recovery
- Handles Windows and Linux administration
- Technical Lead for Group Policy and Active Directory Management
- Responsible for patch management within the Bay Federal organization.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies to improve or further exploit these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to the enterprise applications team.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup and replication procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the credit union’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers including database, mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity for all servers, shared software and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation related to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of internal and cloud-based IT systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and provide system performance statistics and reports to the Technology Operations Manager.
- Familiarity with SAN storage environment including various systems including virtualization environment
- Strategy and planning
- Collaborate with technology personnel to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems to achieve business goals and processes
- Work with the Director of Technology Operations and SVP/CTO to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Plays a critical role in maintaining the culture of the organization by setting a positive example within the technology team.
- Educates, mentors and trains technology representatives. Willingness to share knowledge.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems.
- Ensures that all system implementations comply with information security best practices.
- Collaborate with suppliers/partners to improve and maintain the solutions implemented within our credit union.
- Provide orientation and training to technology staff for all modified and new systems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Demonstrate effective communication, both verbally and in writing.
- The individual must demonstrate a strong ability to communicate, with both technical and non-technical audiences, via email, written reports and verbal reports.
- This person may be called upon to speak in front of groups including management personnel, board members and management personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rate, ratio and percentage.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems and manage complex scenarios using common sense and practical application.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written form, including but not limited to technical documentation, user guides, and online help systems.
Basic physical requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Time and consistency ratings are based on a normal and average shift, but may fluctuate based on variable factors.
- The ability to safely and legally operate motor vehicles not equipped to meet the needs of persons with disabilities, which without such accommodations compromise the safe operation of a motor vehicle.
- Standing, sitting or a combination of both is required. Tasks requiring standing or sitting are performed continuously throughout the work schedule.
- Physical mobility is required. Tasks that require movement from one area to another are performed regularly. Writhing, stooping, kneeling and squatting and/or crawling are necessary on occasion.
- Verbal communication and hearing are required on an ongoing basis.
- In the performance of his duties, the employee must regularly use his hands to handle materials and reach out his hands and arms. Repetitive use of hands is necessary.
- Simple weight entry up to 10 pounds is performed continuously. Simple handling is required on a regular basis. Fine manipulations are required on a regular basis for computer tasks, and writing.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Functional vision (natural or corrected) is required on an ongoing basis.
- The work is carried out regularly both indoors and outdoors. The external environment is subject to the meteorological conditions existing at that precise moment. Noise levels are within normal exterior noise level ranges, including traffic noise.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted storage, networking, and computing principles.
- Ability to represent complex architectures with drawing tools like Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects and assignments.
Education and/or experience:
- A high school diploma or high school diploma is required.
- Technical certification(s) required: CCNA, MCSA, Palo Alto and/or VCP.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in science, math, engineering, or computer science with four years of college or university experience.
- Professional/Technical Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, CCDA, CCDP preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with networks, servers and network operating systems.
- 4+ years of experience in networking and/or architecture.
- 2+ years with virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- 2+ years of experience with Telecom/Network hardware (POTS, PRI, VolP, SIP)
- 2+ years of experience with backup methodologies/systems
- 3+ years of experience with firewall technologies (ACL and Application Level Firewall, IPS)
- 3+ years of experience with SAN technologies including Fiber Channel, iSCSI, zoning and fiber switching
- Experience with Blade architectures, especially HP and Cisco UCS
I understand and affirm that in performing the foregoing duties and responsibilities, I must exercise independent judgment and discretion. I also agree that if at any time I feel that I am not spending the majority of my time fulfilling the supervisory responsibilities set forth above, I will immediately notify management in writing.
The duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and requirements and conditions listed in this job description are only representative and not exhaustive of the duties an employee may be called upon to perform. accomplish. Bay Federal Credit Union reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform additional duties when circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
HOW TO REGISTER: If you are interested, please submit an online application here.
Comments are closed.